Monday, June 1, 2009

Google Mapping

Searching an address on this has become second nature, so, yes, definetly very useful. I have also found out that some very clever people can put the the Google map to much sophisticated use such as this example. Using google maps to 'flag' farmer markets in Victoria, with the pink flags linking to video interviews with people from markets. Or, a more humanitarian use, the website mashup developed in Kenya after post-election violence there in 2008 - Ushahidi- that used citizen-generated reports and Google maps to create crisis information and map violent places to be avoided.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adel,

    There are not many farmers markets on the Western side of Melbourne. I will have to make my way to Geelong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    glad it was of use. I didn't even think of checking out the ones at my end of town. And the key word there is end...

    ReplyDelete